Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Etched Glass Window by Gardega--St. Joseph

I am documenting entire process of etching a 64 foot sq.  Saint window..from sketch to completion...

Here is my first rough doodle/ sketch...The window will consist of three large glass panels. I used to be afraid of large projects..Now they are nothing of me. I have broken that eggshell of fear a long time ago. Once you do some large scale installations, it liberates your own personal work from fear of large scale work. By large scale I dont mean modernist slop, I mean serious large well drawn and designed pieces. Anyone can pour paint over a large canvas, executing figures etc in space on a large scale is a challenge for any artist and a great learning process as well.


alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor