Friday, May 27, 2011

bob dylans birthday

I went to see a bob dylan birthday tribute at bowery ballroom. We walked in late, I caught norah jones ruining two dyland songs and then some skinny wanna-be rocker ruining another. I looked around the crowd and it was a bunch of fake NYC hipsters, bobbing their heads to songs they didnt even know. I have always heard Norah Jones was great. She made me sick to my stomach the way she ruined dylan, getting the words worn etc . I even went with an open mind looking to hear some good stuff. I left my party and took a taxi home. Talent is a rare bird and it floats to the surface and it exposes fraud like a spiritual sherlock holmes. I often lose faith in people, in art, never.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor