Tuesday, April 19, 2011

words of the day

"If destruction be our lot, then we must be our own author" abe lincoln


For some reason I have been on a civil war and abe lincoln obsession lately..no idea why.  I am really influenced by early americana...some of my favorite art is from the hudson river school painters and from the golden age of penn. illustration--wyeth, pyle, etc. There is a certain genius to america..America's genius cant be explained, even by a poet. It is a genius that is both sad and free and caged at the same time. I love america. I have travelled and always want to get home to america. Whatever genius america has it is without a doubt a flawed genius. I do fear america is an old horse and the future of old horses is in no need of explanation. I hope I am wrong. Sometimes I am wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor