Sunday, April 24, 2011

life lesson

This morning I walked across town, through central park, to my sisters to be driven to long island. As I walked along I saw an old man in front of me in a suit. Even though he was old, he still held a certain grace about him, a dignity in his limped walk... I wasnt in a rush so I watched him walk for a bit and I thought about the fact that I was also walking the same street (almost empty) and I was in a suit and I was a lot younger. I also realized that old age and even death is on every humans horizion. You can no more escape old age than you can escape taxes...it will find you..I felt strange speeding past the guy and I wondered if her noted to himself that I was almost young (younger) and also wearing a suit with long hair etc. and If I made him think of his younger days...I didnt look back at him. he was me. (in a future sense)

true story

happy easter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor