Friday, April 29, 2011

art lesson by gardega

If you are working on a project, always save the difficult portions for last. I learned this from michelangelo. He would always start with the easist sections of a mural or sculpting commision. The reason for doing this is that you get better as you go along, you get sharper and your skills improve. I hate lettering, especially hand lettering with paint so I saved it to last. After six months my hand eye is a lot better than when I started so the letttering isnt an issue. After painting a ceiling for 3 months putting letting on a wall seems easy. Art is also a confidence game, you will be a lot more confident 6 months in on a project than when you start. When I started I was a bit overwhelmed at the amount of work I had ahead, but know I would tackle a 25 foot mural without blinking an eye. My new personal works will be better because of this 6 month stretch. I plan on some large scale pieces as well. Two more windows for the mausoleum and I have put to bed my two major projects that have haunted me.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor