Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lost Souls: Deluge. by gardega

I let this one flow out of me on my easel tonight, tried to not be heavy handed and just get out of the way of the thing and let it sort itself out. This is the biblical flood but it also the flood that is washing evil away from the earth. a cleansing of spirit. I guess Jung would say it is a cleansing of ones internal soul, or collective soul. It started out as a forest painting but it didnt want to be a forest it wanted to be a flood. It is for sale..18 x 24 oil on canvas with only three colors. Burnt sienna, burnt umber, lamp black. The canvas is a modern 1/ 3/4 tuck so it doesnt have to be framed I love the modern canvases with the big sides, they look nice and dont need frames..sometimes you still frame them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor