Thursday, February 17, 2011

wrestling

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/17/joel-northup-cassy-herkelman_n_824649.html



I was a wrestler for most of my junior high and high school days...I was an okay wrestler, not terrible, not great...The most important thing about the experience was that I never quit. I stuck with it from 7th grade to 12th grade. It taught me lessons in life that I carry to this day....Never quit and you have only lost in life when you give up. It taught me to be tough and endure and be strong. And it even helped me tackle a subway thug who stole a women's Iphone last year without even think about the chance of getting my face handed to me. Wearing what is essentially your underwear and going out to face a guy who wants to break your neck (without team mates helping you) is a scary thing. The only thing that really teaches you in life is fear..your parents dont teach you much and (if the truth be known) school doesnt teach you much and your friends dont teach you much...fear is the great teacher in life...that is the sand in the oyster that becomes a pearl, those are the lessons that last 20 years...the point of the article linked has minor relation to my post here but it struck a bell with me because I used to wrestle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor