Friday, February 11, 2011

tell us what you really think, alex

I have a friend who says this to me quite often...I believe is saying what I think and feel, I dont believe in whitewash, PC, lying or kissing ass. I am not here to please everyone on earth--- In fact, there are some people who take offense to my opinions. I am fascinated by the fact that people are afraid to stand up and voice opinion--their lives become Milquetoast, their art--the intellectual equivalent of pet photography. We live in a time of fear...fear to stand out, fear to speak out, fear not to tow the line of accepted wisdom..Much to my dismay the Left is more guilty of this groupthink conspiracy than the right. I thought the left was supposed to be open minded and accepting but it has handcrafted a basket of reality that is so tightly wound that there isnt an inch of room for one to think outside of it lest one be cast out. I stand for the freedom to say and think what I want and if it offends you then the problem lies in you, not I. If you want to control a people, control their language. we are suspended in language..it is our intellectual oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor