Monday, January 17, 2011

12 years

I went out last night with a friend I hadnt seen in 12 years. My friend Donna and I used to make a living causing trouble in the White Horse Tavern in the west village. We had a whole gang of trouble makers, actors, artists, bartenders, a circle of crazy people--it was kind of like the whole gang of american artists who went over to paris in the twenties except we stayed in the us and there were no writers amongst us. I have great (somewhat foggy) memories of those days that I wouldnt trade for anything. Donna is from a small town in texas, maybe five miles from where I grew up. She flies for the airlines and lives in sconsin' It is funny how you can go without seeing someone for 12 years and you pick up right where you left off. It is crazy how fast a decade slips through our fingers. I always wondered what happened to the "old crew" you get pieces and stories of peoples lives and you often wonder what happens to those who fall off the map completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor