Sunday, December 26, 2010

a gardega xmas

my mom thinks I am crazy but I dont buy it. (its a nerf axe) no crazy person worth their salt would use a nerf axe.
God bless vegetarians. (more meat for me) 
My mom has all my early paintings.  This I painted when I was ten. My first still life...I painted two versions of this but some lady bought the first one (my first sale) the first one was better. I got lazy painting the second one..to this day I have trouble painting something twice.
This is my "little" bro, his girlfriend and their dog. I cant pick on him anymore like I used to, he is bigger than I.
I painted this landscape when I was 11. I Remember painting everything I have ever done. Painting brings you back to the moment, to the room, to the exact time and space you painted it in. I cant remember last week but I remember the moment  and the paintings I made when I was ten.

my dad, my little sis, bro-in law, me, older sis (with lily the dog) and lil bro.



this is my old man. My old man has done many rounds in the ring with diabetes. It is a terrible thing to have. I hope that demon never gets me. My dad is a very tough man and I think this has kept him on the winning end of that battle. I drove both my parent nuts growing up because I am the most stubborn human on earth. You couldnt sway me, when I wanted something my way I would fight a bull on flat feet. (but I have mellowed with age) That cant be an easy child to raise. When I first started drawing I tried to draw a dinosaur and my mom said I stayed at my desk all night and drew thousands of pictures because I couldnt get the back right, im still that way..imagine raising that child. Please excuse my expression, I was doing my character  "francoise the interior designer"


it was a great xmas...post more soon.


merry xmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor