Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Chateau Marmont

I stayed here a few times when I was in La La land. I am not a big LA guy but I love this place. It is an amazing place. I was sitting in a chair in the front waiting for a friend and drew barrymore walked right past me and then a few minutes later "canoe" reeves walked up..very surreal. The design of the hotel is based of the castle where Davinci lived late in life. (few people know that fact) I was hanging out by the pool drawing one day and I met the girl who wrote sex and the city (but I plea the 5th on that day) . It is just that kind of celeb hangout. Jim morrison used to hang out there as well and led zep took their motorcycles down the hall. I am happy living in ny but If I go to LA I always try to visit the chateau. I am not someone who can live in LA, I am not laid back by nature and I dont like the vibe where every waiter wants to be an actor.  I need to stay in a grounded place--winter in NYC that will ground you--- right down to the cold street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor