Friday, November 26, 2010

update by gardega

My first window has been installed at mausoleum..It looks good, Ill photograph...Started the 2nd window.  Working on portrait to deliver Monday. This weekend I am in long island again on my mural job. I really wouldn't mind a weekend off to wander around the met or central park but such is life. Today I have a few deadlines to address..work on portrait, order more glass...tonight I travel back to long island to paint the mural..colorado is pushed--again..client is moving this sunday. I may take a break in spring or feb. and travel to somewhere south. I have to go to texas at some point and Key West as well but that will be a work/ fun trip, I have some possible art business there. I have lost any and all ability to sleep past 5: 30 any more. My internal clock gets me up at 5:30 everyday now. This isnt bad because I get a lot of busy work done by 7:00/ 8:00. I wish I had more photos to post but sometimes I just dont have time to photograph the work I do as it is hung or delivered...After two days of painting a ceiling, my neck really hurts. I dont even know how I painted a ceiling for almost month a few years ago...The main mural this time is on the wall leading down stairs so I dont have much to worry about. The ceiling is only some scroll work that I will finish this weekend. 


I schedule myself into 4 quadrants (I took this idea from the habit of highly effective sheeple book) 


Quadrant one is URGENT


Quadrant II is very important 


Quadrant III is important


quadrant IV is just important..


this method works for me..the most important lesson in art is to handle first things first..it is easy to lolly gag and waste time on side projects etc..first you must tackle the urgent matters. My urgent panel is almost cleared and then I can hit quadrant II. 


If you fail to plan then plan to fail...even my crazy ADD artist ass has to plan out my life very carefully to be effective as an artist. I wish I could just paint in a studio whatever I want but I will do that again soon enough. I want to spend 6 months  putting an art show together soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor