Monday, November 29, 2010

mural by gardega

I painted this two years ago on a low wine cellar ceiling..The real battle was my body and neck after one month..this is the battle of anghiari by leonardo with a few liberties taken. I worked very very hard on this. I am now painting a mural for the same client--new house..same neck wrenching experience but he is a great client and a friend. I really want to paint a copy of the same painting again on a large panel...without craning my neck skyward. For any flaws in this work I forgive myself given the circumstance. You try painting a ceiling mural standing for a single hour that is too low to use scaffold and after a single hour your neck feels like it is broken and then try this for full days---thirty days straight...art isnt for people who cant handle discomfort...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor