Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gardega Copies Dali

I sat down one day and decided to make an exact copy of a dali drawing.I can copy Dali drawings better than any living artist, of this I have no doubt as I have studied dali for years on a level that I am confident no one else has...I read 25 books on dali including every Biography I could find and I studied his drawing and colors like a scientist studies paramecium. I was obsessed with Dali in my 20's and I still hold a candle to him--Now I hold a candle to his intellect, more so than his actual art. he was a polymath and this is rare for an artist. Most artist do one thing (like monkeys) and they do it well and they do it over and over and over like a baker who bakes the same bread everyday. I need to dance all over the stage of art--I get bored. This drawing was presented to a movie studio that was making a movie about dali (I wanted to be Dali's hand, the guy who they showed painting that was supposed to be dali but it never panned out) I think I did a decent job of copying my childhood hero here. I could have been a forger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor