Monday, November 15, 2010

Frans hals

Frans hals is an artist I have never sorted out in my head. He was a good painter and one of the few who actually painted a lot of happy people. That is his trademark..People are smiling...Good for him, most people in paintings look sad or miserable. The world needs some happy paintings. Most of my work kind of has a sad undertone or subtext. That is what seems to flow most naturally out of my gut. I dont over think such things. There is a certain tragedy in any life after the loss of your childhood and you become and adult with a trunkful of worries and stress. Then again, if you have your health, you are a lucky human and you shouldnt bitch..I know some miserable rich people and I want to kick them in the ass--If you have your health and you can afford to eat and take vacations you have no right to be miserable. (methinks) I tend to prefer Goya to Frans hals...my gut resonates with goya and his dark works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor