Monday, November 29, 2010

The artist's finger

When I meet someone who tells me they are an artist, the first thing I do is sneak a quick look at their fingers..If there is no paint around nails I dont take them seriously---I will smile and listen and be nice but I just nod my head and pretend to listen to them---I gave up long ago trying to get all the paint off my hands and nails--you cant win this battle...fight another one. My fingers are worn and beat up and I am fine with that. (I work the buggers over time.) I have a permanent callous on the inside of my middle finger as this is where my brushes and pencils are held for 12 hours a day ( I call this the artist spot) work..god bless the middle finger! Note:  Hanging out in cafes will keep your hands nice and clean and soft if you are an artist, you can even keep them warm with a nice cup of coffee!  I saw a photo of keith richard's hand and to me it was almost as beautiful as the mona lisa hands...His hands are a work of art, themselves. My hands serve me well and I dont take them for granted but as I told my mom when I was 12---"I dont draw with my hands, I draw with my head"


Thank the good lord for our fingers. especially the middle one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor