Monday, October 25, 2010

glass etching design by gardega

Sometimes when I am working on a project that is taking a lot of focus and I need a breather, I will design a few pieces on the side of unrelated imagery and this relaxes my mind. I took a break today and designed three glass pieces for myself that I will etch in the middle of etching my saint deadline. This is my latest design and will be etched in November..The face is not how the etching will look, this is just a rough sketch done to scale..I will refine a few time to have it perfect before I etch. I always work the same way--rough to finished, I spiral in on projects--- I start with messy rough sketches and refine and refine and refine. I am never ashamed of my roughs as nothing is sacred in art, work is the only sacred thing in art--lots of work and sketch after sketch after sketch...




I realized after drawing this I want to move the figure closer to the right side. She is looking to the left (her right) so the empty space should be more weighted to the left as this is how the eye works. If you have a figure looking off to a side of the canvas or glass the empty space should be weighted to where the figure is looking. 


this will be 18 x 24 inches on 3/ 8 inch glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor