Friday, October 29, 2010

candy apple by gardega

I painted this after buying a caramel apple at the San Gennaro festival in Little Italy where my art studio is. I actually struggled over this little thing because the caramel apple was well painted but the brain wanted it to be a red candy apple so I turned it into a red candy apple. Then I struggled with background color and it took 6 different attempts to find a color I liked. The back went from grey to blue grey to orangey to two different shades of yellow until I got the color I liked, a high key van gogh yellow. I even once had a bite out of the apple. I get obsessed and little things turn into major things. Finally done-----and yes I ate it. 




it is for sale, I may ebay it.


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290493851244#ht_500wt_1156

alexgardega@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor