Sunday, October 24, 2010

1966 Catalina

My old landlord came into nyc yesterday to say hello and interrupt me from my saint deadlines. He drove in his 1966 convertible. We drove this car around little italy looking for parking for parking for an hour--boat parking is hard to find. Here I am trying to look cool but not really achieving the desired effect (or is it affect?) either way the car was cool and it was like a magnet for pretty girls--- but I knew they were just after the car. My old landlord gave up art to become a very successful real estate investor. Somehow he misses art and likes to hangout with me because I am an artist. I told him I would trade, he can have all my brushes and canvases and career and Ill take his real estate holdings...My ass would be on an island faster than you can say rumplestilkskin and I wont even be listed in the phone book. Between margaritas I may bust out a few watercolors but you wont see me chasing 4 am deadlines anymore. The grass is always greener--but I prefer sand to grass. adios. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor