Monday, September 6, 2010

the good port called happiness

I have learned one lesson in life and that is that happiness is an elusive and squishy animal. Money dont buy it and poverty doesnt mean you dont have it. I have known happy rich people and miserable rich people. I have known happy poor people who had a light in their eyes and you knew they would one day make it out of poverty and I knew people broken by the weight of poverty. I think at my age in life I have finally found what I like to call happiness---you know you are happy when you wake up looking forward to the day ahead. My finances have never been anything to brag about but I have them in control (somewhat) and I have steered my own ship for the last twenty years..I have a few scars and a few lumps but what I have learned is inside me and can never be taken away. I am a proud bastard and I have will that would rather die than compromise my beliefs. Somehow I made it through some dark dark seas and I found a port with a good bar and a view of the beach. If you are as stubborn as I am god gets bored of testing you---they even let up JOB in the bible eventually. My toes are in some warm sand and its five o'clock somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor