Thursday, September 16, 2010

anywhere but here, anytime but now...

The thing about NYC is it is the only place on earth that when I am there I don't want to be somewhere else. I am at home here. When I am in long Island I want to be on the next train West. If I am in California I want to be back in the big apple. If I am in Spain or France etc. I am happy but I am on vacation--I couldn't live there...You know you are in the place you belong in life when you dont desire to be somewhere else--this could be a suburban abode, an adobe hut or an apt. on east 74th st...The worst thought , for me, is being in the glue trap of an ill chosen path or a bad marriage or a job I cant leave due to circumstances. I fought like hell to avoid all ticking traps in my life and I have seen the dead stares of those who have stepped into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor