Tuesday, August 3, 2010

a normal job

I often dream of having a normal job...one that isnt a steady diet of extreme maddening stress...art is a pool of stress and that is why so few people stay in the game..the odds are to brutal, the anxiety is that of a bomb diffuser...Artists often turn to drugs or drink to quiet the stress demons but that is not the way out (or in) you cant paint well drunk or hungover and the elves never come and finish your deadlines if you are either of these things---but I digress ....I think one day I will go back into real estate, I liked it and  was good at it...Only real job I ever had outside of art....For some reason real estate interested me and I had no real boss. I liked dressing nice and wearing good shoes and feeling like I had stability. And I didnt have to lie to people or do anything sketchy..I have a horrible feeling in my gut when I do sketchy things so I avoid being bad and I try not to lie too much (except for the scattered white lies we all share) ---- one day when I went to see an apt. and in the middle of the empty room was my statue of liberty painting that is on the NYC phone books. I thought it was a sign from the art gods..went back to office dropped off keys and quit...but they loved me so I could always go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor