Friday, July 16, 2010

Recovery

While most people take time to recover from surgery by sipping tea and watching TV, I hit the ground running right out of the hospital and have been working 15 hour days. It only hurts when I laugh and that is when I worry the stitches may rip open in my belly. Today I started this painting. It is a painting of my friend, the artists marshall arisman standing in front of a buffalo. I call it "american shaman" It is oil on canvas 4 x 5 foot. I think it will be one of my better paintings, the energy is there. It doesnt want to be painted realistically, it wants to be loose and and have a flow...be careful not to "kill the flow" in your art. Listen to the univerese and shut up. Marshall Arisman is one of my favorite living artists and a great friend. Here he stands next to an american buffalo. I took a photo of this many years ago when I wrote an article for a magazine about him...My near death experience has turned on the super jets in my ambition and I am suddnely atttacking projects I have wanted to attack for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor