Wednesday, July 14, 2010

post op painting: Lost Souls: buffalo riders

I made my first painting the day after my surgery. It is a theme I return to often. The story here is the idea of eternal damnation in purgatory. The fate of these lost souls is that they are forced to roam eternity on the buffalo that they slaughtered wantonly in their lifetime. These are one of my self painting paintings, paintings that want to be so I just let them out and get out of the way. I dont care about technique only to the point that I get my point across if that requires a classical style then I paint classical..this would never work realistically. it just wouldnt. I still have trouble standing straight so it was painful to paint this work but that helped me feel the pain of the lost riders.

to purchase email inquiries: alexgardega@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor