Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Oblivions

Today I was in the farmer's market and some lady walked right into me, bumping into my freshly stitched stomach. She seemed to be in another world, just kinda spaced out. I see people like this everywhere today..I see them squeezing tomatoes in supermarkets or meandering down the streets of NYC. Sometimes they stop in a doorway--they walk right into a store and freeze in the doorway as if they have run into an invisible forcefield. The only forcefield there (I fear) is stupidity. They are stuck on "stupid"--- either that or the pressure of modern life has burned out their main "gasket" and they have gone into lizard brain-mode...They are on biological auto pilot. Maybe the main circuits have gone down, like a 1950's robot that overloads and "cant compute." I am not cruel, I have compassion..I am just observing an ever increasing phenomena. People are lost on another planet, a planet I dont understand. They are tourists in a strange land, a gimp-walking intrusive thing prone to bumping into strangers and dropping things in stores and walking poorly and without skill. I have named these people The Oblivions, They are not an east village rock band. They are modern zombies, people whose frontal lobes have been fried out like cheap marshmallows from too many years of stress and fear. Today I was buying a GOYA print at the farmers market and another lady reach right over me to grab some dishware--right over my arm as I was handing my 5 dollars. "Its an Oblivion!" I said to her startled confusion. Maybe People are on the worng "meds" the wrong dose or the wrong happy pill and the butterflies of happiness have turned into cobwebs. I am not sure, One cannot tell from "out here" what is going on "in there." I fear evenutally The Oblivions will overtake the population, it is a critical mass kind of thingy. Soon they will hold positions of power in the state dept and in law firms and county courts---maybe they already do...where was I? I had a point in here somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor