Tuesday, June 8, 2010

regrets

I spoke to an elderly lady last night over a glass of wine--she was 88. She told me her life story. She told me that as a teenager in Brooklyn she was supposed to go on a date but her roommate had taken her "good shoes" so by the time she went to meet the man he was gone..(this was the thirties and phones were not easily had) She eventually married another man but she told me that she missed the love of her life over a pair of shoes. She told me she sees her missed boat on TV from time to time as he became a big deal in life. She asked if I could walk her home and I did, hand in hand through he dark night talking about things that never were, never will be. I walked back to the restaurant alone thinking about life and regrets. I had a meeting with the fire dept to discuss etching their glass door.  I told them they will regret it if you dont have me re-draw that 1800's firetruck they were showing me. It must must be done right..life must be done right---a thing of beauty is a joy forever and a missed boat is an eternal sadness.






1 comment:

  1. I love this entry! Sad to have regrets but good to take the lesson to seize what you want in life, the joys you can have!! Perfect gold star moment!

    ReplyDelete

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor