Friday, May 28, 2010

Bookcover: By Gardega

I love doing the yellow page covers because it puts my art in people's kitchens next to the Campbell soup thus making me a reluctant POP ARTEEST. I had a short spell where I worked in real estate and as I went to show an apt. in NYC to a client as I turned on the light in the middle of the empty floor was one of my Phone Book covers staring back at me. I took my tie off on the spot, told the client that it wasnt for them and I walked out into the streets of NYC and promised myself it was art or nothing for me in this world. No bets would be hedged, no safety nets hung. All chips, all in.  Failure, not an option.



I have been known to hide people's initials in my covers. ahem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor