Sunday, January 31, 2010

alex on finance

I did my daily 6AM NY POST and Redbull this morning and a particular story caught my eye. A lady bought her apt in 1997 for $250. (not $250K but $250 dollars.) In 2003 she and her husband took out an equity loan for 150k to start a restaurant. Things fell apart and she had a bad adjustable rate loan and now she is losing the apt. How do you go from owning an apt you bought for 250 dollars to losing it? Why do you need a loan if your rent/mortgage is 0?????! If I had no rent (the scourge of my creative life and fly in my cerebral ointment) I would have so much damn money and I would be rich because I would paint paintings that are worth a fortune instead of painting smaller ones that I can sell short term to survive. I would be able to swing for the fences instead of hitting ground balls to "pay my nut." If you own an apt you bought for 250 dollars and you go underwater and lose it then I have two words for you--- Dar-Win. If you own your damn place then you shouldnt need a loan to start a restaurant--you shouldnt even start a restaurant, it is a horrible idea and 90% fail in first year. You should have bought gold every month and now you would be rich. You cant fix stupid.

I blame flouride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor