Thursday, January 14, 2010

12 Women


I have started a project for the new year called twelve women. I am painting 12 portraits for 2010. They are going to be my most carefully constructed works to date. I have a lot of work ahead of me. I may sell my sketches and studies to fund the program. There is always the big step into Fear when you start a huge new project but fear is an engine. I have a great costume designer I am working with and I am going to pay attention to every little detail of this entire process. I am going to do my best not to sell any pieces until all 12 are done so I can have a show of the entire group. The journey of 1,000 miles...I am going to need a lot of funding to handle this project so I will do whatever I have to do financially to pull it off. It would be nice to Have a year where all I had to do was paint but such is not the case. The true sign of an artist is one who is willing to do or suffer anything to get your vision done and there is nothing I wont do (short of crime) to complete my goals. I have already made a list of the 12 different themes of the paintings. I will not be doing a lot of smaller pieces or lost souls this year as I have to focus my time on 12 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor