Saturday, December 26, 2009

get a name

I like press. Good press, bad press---I dont care. There is nothing worse than being an unknown artist. I would rather be dead. If an artist tells you they dont like to sell work and dont mind being unknown then they are lying to you. If you are in the "art game" you would understand how important it is to get your name out there. If you dont build a name you dont sell and then you die with a bunch of "what ifs" I have friends who knock me for pursuing press. They dont sell their paintings and I work 5 times harder than they do. I make art at a furious and obsessive pace and I never stop thinking and dreaming and scheming. Even when I sleep I dream about art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor