Saturday, December 26, 2009

Food Series by gardega

Here I hid eggs "beaster eggs" throughout central park. In each egg I hid money. I created a whole myth about the beaster bunny etc. It was all inspired by the ponzi- beaster bunny bernie madoff. This was in the palm beach daily news

http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/search/content/society/2009/04/11/sdcol0412.html
My latest creation. I painted this as I thought about the "soothing media" that lulls us into a dreamless sleep of consumerism. I never watch tv except to study it but I do find rachael ray interesting to watch because she loves what she does. I like anyone who has a passion for something. Here she floats on the river evoo soothing and classical and calm and...this is all over the net if you want to google it. (sold)
Bernie in Hell Hot sauce. One morning I was watching the news and the Madoff story broke and sent me to a level of anger I cant really explain. Millions of people lost their savings to one crook. The system had failed us. I created this as my reaction. It became a world famous hot sauce. Anger fuels my art.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479093,00.html
Here I painted Media figures on eggs. What is an egg but a beginning, a birth. Media and mass communication is an egg born in our time. The question is what lies in the yellow yolk of media, are their any nutrients to feed the modern soul? (These were in page six, cant find the link.) one dozen painted eggs (all sold)


The last Supper: Fox News. This is about Media and how TV is our new religion. It is the church of the mindless. The media is the message. http://insidecable.blogsome.com/2007/08/26/oooooook-2/ 8 foot by 4 foot oil on board (sold)


I have three more food pieces to complete my series. I already know what they will be. They are tasty ideas. It is hard to be a genius but it is easy to be crazy.






(These were not posted in any order....)


I have been working on my "food series" for three years now. I am only making 8 pieces for this series as I like to work in series of 8. I always make at least 8 pieces for a series (sometimes many, many more) but always at least 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor