Sunday, October 25, 2009



I used to bartend in one of the best steakhouses in NYC. I became friends with some of the top doctors in NYC (especially heart doctors.) I served drinks to many a person from Europe and Canada who had come over to get the TOP medical help available to anyone. In all my years there I cant remember a single one of my upscale clients telling me they were going to france or switzerland or canada for a heart operation or cancer treatment. It seems to me that there is something to be said for free market capitalism, especially if your life depends on it. In england people are doing their own dental work and in Canada people wait months and months for a heart doctor. I have a sneaking suspicion that Lance armstrong wouldnt have survived if he was in the care of the socialized medical system of France.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor