Thursday, October 22, 2009

alll those years ago...

Here is a great photo I found today. This is a much younger me in my east village days. I painted this crazy painting in the Park one day and it drew a crowd. Even the coppers liked it. There is a certain irony to this picture because the guy who took was a kid who went to my high school (a few years younger) and I ran into that day with his camera. I later found out he got himself into a fix with the law and drugs or something and was doing some serious time. The sad thing is he came from a great family with a lot of money and his dad was a doctor. I cant count how many kids I knew in life who threw their privileged lives down the tubes. It is a phenomena I will never understand--flushing your gifts down the toilet. I was always too busy trying to feed myself as an artist to get into any real trouble. The Work kept me real (for the most part) This still ranks as my favorite photo of me.

"I used to be crazy, Im still crazy--- but I used to be too. " alex said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor