Wednesday, August 12, 2009

central park photo


I took this snapshot off some random trail in Central Park. This snapshot really reminds me of a sargent watercolor. I hate Sargent's buttery oils of rich people and dogs, they are like chewing on butter sticks. but his watercolors have life! LIFE is the elusive fourth dimension of art. You can have technique, you can have concept--- but LIFE is the heartbeat of the work.! I know techie artists who have all the skills locked down tight and they have as much life as a toad on a texas highway. I know other artists who have only concepts and no technique. There is somewhere a happy sun-dappled meadow of middleness where I try to put up my camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor