Wednesday, June 17, 2009

anger and art

anger for me is an important aspect of my art. I am angry at all the crap I see in galleries, I am angry at people who care only about selling cheesy bullshit and making a buck, I am angry at photographers who became photographers solely because digital photography is easy and it cost very little compared to when you used to have to buy and develop film and invest your blood and soul and money into photos, I am angry in general and it makes me paint better. I want to see what lies behind this plastic facade of bullshit reality and corporate disinfo. Anger should not consume but rather motivate to make a difference not to become what you hate. I am not for sale and my soul is not for sale. I do enough commercial work to pay the rent occasionally and keep my eye on what matters to me personally. At the end of the day you look in a mirror and cheese is much harder to clean off a mirror than steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor