Friday, May 1, 2009

Gardega in Page Six

Here is a photo by the great NYPOSTER Victoria will. I forget what article this was for. (Willie Nelson is the owner of this painting now.) Every time I see a photo of myself all I can see is the stress and lack of sleep in my eyes..too far up to the river into the Mekong delta, captain Kurtz. Being an artist is not for the the thin skinned, the price is heavy and the victors are few. All odds are stacked against you and it often reminds me of Orwells view of the future "A black boot stomping on the face of humanity for eternity" that is what being an artist is like. The thing I have in my corner is an insane stubborness and total lack of any other marketable skills (barely fit to bag groceries if I dont have a pencil in my claw) I recommend pet portrait photography or some other cheesy quasi- artististic pursuit, less stress, more rewards and you can always afford enough black paint to cover your mirrors so you dont look yourself in the eyes when you brush your happy yellows in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor