Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mirror installation



I completed and hung this installation today for 632 Hudson st. The client had an old metal frame and she wanted to put mirror inside It. We decided on "venetian antique" mirror and then I hung the piece up on the wall. It was heavy and very difficult to hang but it is now hung and an earthquake couldn't shake it off the wall. We decided to take things to the next level and we are putting together a glass design show in three months. I will make the glass pieces but she is going to work with me on some design ideas. No rest for Alex...Back to the grindstone..two shows in 5 months...that is on top of my painting deadline and mausoleum/ St work. I am looking forward to an all glass show--never had one.

This isnt an art piece per say but it is part of what led us to decide to make an entire show of etched and carved art deco glass. so it had a purpose in the overall picture of my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor