Monday, April 6, 2009

I have until may 5th to paint a portrait of the hockey great Adam Graves. It is going to be sold in a silent auction for a charity I will not name until painting is done. I want the piece to be strong--- not rushed so I will start very soon. I want it to be large about 5 foot square so I must "get cracking." Adam Graves is a class act and has done a world of good for kids with cancer. It is refreshing when a sports figure does good in this world and actually seems to mean it as opposed to just using it as an image thing. I attended my first hockey game and it was the raising of the jersey of Adam Graves to The Garden ceiling. By chance and not design I am now painting his picture. Life is not stranger than you think, it is something stranger than you can think...the best laid plans oft go astray but sometimes the plans are laid out by a greater force than the noisy moped engine (that is the mind of man) can understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor