Tuesday, April 21, 2009

god bless the veterans


This is my buddy from my favorite watering hole in NYC--the wicked wolf. If you want to see a cast of characters stop into The Wolf. Tommy was a street kid from Jersey who was also a medic in Nam. I call him the 13th sign (the healer) I have sat for many a bottle of wine and listened to stories about Nam and the jungles and the things he saw. I have the utmost respect for anyone who served our country as much as I hate war I respect war veterans more than I can say. Freedom isn't free and a lot of people paid for our right to have opinions with their lives and their blood. If you let our freedoms run down the drain and stand slack jawed and do nothing then you are wasting oxygen. The left and the right alike should understand that our freedom of speech and liberties are an endangered species. Climate change means nothing to me if we wind up in a 1984 thought crime world. I would gladly let my skin and the planet melt if I did not have freedom of expression and liberty of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor