Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dobbs Ferry





I had to go to westchester yesterday on business so I stopped in the town I spent a year in (about 5 years ago) The town is called dobbs ferry. It is a quiet town on the hudson river and I spent a year there living in a cottage alone with no car---- All I did was think and occasionally drink with the old war veterans in quiet bars. I didnt even paint much, it was time for thought and regrouping and reading. I will always have fond memories of Dobbs. The town reminds me of one of those Twilight Zone towns that somehow slipped the vicious hands of time and held on to that feel of a quiet and quainter america before she went insane from foot and mouth disease..I lived in the yellow cottage seen in one of the photos..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor