Friday, April 17, 2009

deco windows---632 Hudson


I installed these Art Deco windows yesterday in the West Village. The design is taken from an element in the interior. These are carved glass panels. I would have liked to have had some dark (unetched) areas but privacy trumped design here so I had to rely on a variation of depth for design as opposed to a dark/ light..this is just a cell phone snap-shot but I will re-shoot Saturday. As I was delivering these pieces (a while back) one of the Olsen twins came into the space so they couldnt be installed. The Olsen twins screwed up my schedule. I have more respect for art deco and art nouveau and all its "craftiness" than I do for all the empty and lifeless slapdash postmodern art ever contrived....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor