Sunday, March 29, 2009

my studio


This is where I make my art (my glass art is made in brooklyn) My mom and sis were very kind and helped get my space back together after all the work I did for my show turned my studio into Goyaesque war zone. (big thanks!) There is nothing in the room that is not covered and smeared with paint and linseed oil...my socks, my clothes, my bed, my plant, my computer...my brain. I never gave a fig about possesions and creature comforts---My space has always been about work first and living second..I didnt even own a TV for most of my adult life. I own very few clothes and most of them are ruined with paint. I am fairly monastic in my view of life--- I dont need to own stuff to impress people, If I keep the spirits happy and my soul uncorrupted, then that is enough--- I am a monk who likes wine a lot more than I like "other people." Put a paintbrush in my hand and I am one happy monkey and richer than any monkey- king.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor