Friday, March 27, 2009

leonardo learning----LINE

Line is a direct conduit to the soul of an artist. The great Masters of line have been leonardo, rembrandt, dali, Lautrec, rackham, dulac, and steadman. Mucha was also a master of line and art nouveau was all based on line...If not line then we deal in 'forms" and "shapes" and "color play." My compradres growing up thoughtt that that sargent was a master of line, fools--- he had no better sense of line than a fig has a sense of being a newton. Economy of lines means you express the most with the least amount of line!!! Anal rendering is deader than a frog on a texas highway...Hokusai was the master of line of all time , the japanese above all understood line!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!! Van gogh tried and failed but failed with more passion than any human. His line was "okay" a mere bastard cousin of the divine japanese line. That is why he shot himself in a field of crows on a sunny day in france. I still love the old crazy bastard, to this day.... If you sell your "line" to a corporation or become a commercial hack, they in turn own your line AKA..."your soul." This is the faustian deal, the timeless goetheian idea of the devil stealing the last easter egg you had hidden under your couch. My eggs were never for sale, I fought angels and devils and humans for "it." Once they buy "it" they own it and it is never yours again. It is like virginity, you cant get it back. You become the portrait of dorain grey and age accordingly. My soul has no price, I paint what I want and I do what I want. I have done my share of hacked work but I have never given my heart and soul over to "THE COIN" I am free and alive and fearless and I sleep very well. My line is GARDEGA and not some devil corporation idea of line, my only deal was with myself ad I paint from my heart and soul and gladly pay the price the angels require of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor