Wednesday, March 25, 2009

forest of souls---in progress

As a child I lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere in Texas..That is where the landscape of my imagination was formed. I used to go on long hikes alone as a child when I was only 7 or 8 all the way to a spooky creek that ran behind our farm. Once, while there, I was a approached by an abandoned dog who was larger than I, a German Shepard with a worn out body and ribs sticking out of his skin.... I thought he was going to kill me and froze in fear. He approached me slowly--- I held out my hand, touched his head and he turned and walked away. I really thought I was going to die. This is the exact location in my mind where that event occurred. This event is burned into my mind like it was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor