Monday, February 16, 2009

Bethesda Vandalism


It seems some lowlifes have vandalized my favorite area of nyc with graffiti --the Bethesda Fountain..I run 600 stairs there every other day. I am disgusted graffiti is not art and defacing other people's property is beyond the pale. I think they are going to give these kids felonies. GOOD..I always made my art on canvas as a kid, I didn't make slip shod scribbles on walls I did not own. Notice the carefully crafted classical murals behind the graffiti--they took a lot of time and skill to make, notice the graffitti is devoid of any talent or work --this is the perfect example of classic versus modern..I think It would make a nice painting to paint this entire scene as a statement regarding the issue. I may actually do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor