Tuesday, January 6, 2009

westchester


I will post later my Westchester book cover--(almost done) and then get back to finishing my Mcsorley's piece in tandem with a new statue of liberty. I am painting the Rye Play land Dragon coaster. I had trouble getting excited about this piece until I decided the symbology of it was genius and worthy of serious labor. It became apparent to my mind that the green dragon was a perfect Freudian example of the green beast of suburban jealousy and malaise --and the suburban lemmings are the ones who doled out their own money to be consumed (faustian style) by the flaming beast. I am not anti- suburbs, I am anti small mindedness and anti sports and country clubs being the most important thing on someone's mind, even lizards have higher natures. As an extremest I prefer the deepest dark backwoods of America or the dead center overworked heart of a thriving metropolis. I am comfortable in both but I do not sit well with a meal that is neither "fish nor fowl." But then again maybe it is just a roller coaster--pay to play, baby, pay to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor