Thursday, January 8, 2009

dali, vermeer, paprika and me


I have recently begun experimenting with using paprika as a pigment. I have mixed it with oil and found the color to be suitable for painting the "skin of genius." Dali once said that he would give his left hand to spend 1 hour watching Vermeer of Delft paint and thus he could find out the secret and magic formula that made vermeer the great genius he was. I would not trade a hand to watch vermeer--I would, however, trade a finger. If I could watch dali watching vermeer that would be worth my left hand. I am convinced that the secret ingredient of vermeer was paprika. I have thus begun my inquiry into the use of paprika (smoked) as the replacement of burt sienna on the palette of Gardega. I will render flesh tones with it very soon to prove my great theory holds oil.


I will upload images later on as I am busy in my lab...

any questions from media..917 400 1317

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor