Thursday, January 8, 2009

comment about my art...

People often ask me if I am "serious" with some of the things I choose to paint... I tell them it is not necessary for them to know if I am serious to understand or appreciate my art, just as it is not important for me to know if I am serious to produce my art.

In some sense I am a surrealist at least as much as I do not censor or delete any ideas that come to my head. I simply follow my thoughts like a dog follows its owner. If I was to step back and analyze my ideas or process them like chicken for a desired effect I would be a less honest artist. Honesty and drawing are the cornerstones of art. Modern art cares little for either of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor