Thursday, November 20, 2008

drawing of gay talese


I stopped into Elaines for a few red wines last night. The writers Peter Hamill and Gay Taleses were holding court at a table. I drew a few napkins of the table. Gay Talese liked a few of them and he signed my quick sketch of him getting up and leaving. Pete Hamill wrote a great book called a drinking life that I read many years ago. I am pretty proud of my napkin signed by Gay Talese, it is a keepsake. They kept a couple of my drawings I wonder if they will save them and frame them or toss them.

Gay Talese (born February 7, 1932) is an American author. He wrote for The New York Times in the early 1960s and helped to define literary journalism or "new nonfiction reportage", also known as New Journalism. His most famous articles are about Joe DiMaggio, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra.

Talese is a visiting writer at the Master of Professional Writing Program at the University of Southern California each spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor