Monday, July 7, 2008

deco glass skylite design by gardega


I have been commissioned to design a skylite for an upscale event space in NYC. Here is a rough sketch of my art deco inspired panel. There are six of these panels total. My inspiration came from the Chrysler building elevators. I fabricated the glass panels for the chrysler building elevators about five years ago and the job stuck in my mind ever since because it was "mind numbingly" complex. I dont think I ever fully recovered from that job stress. This job will be a pleasure compared to etching 1000 numbers...

YOU CAN SEE MY ELEVATOR PANELS ON MY NEW WEBSITE WWW.GARDEGA.COM

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished pieces. Will you be showing the different stages and phases?

    ReplyDelete

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor